Enhance your knowledge with these reports and articles from HydroComp. We have prepared these publications and white papers for the benefit of our customers and clients – and for the marine industry at large. We encourage you to tell us your comments about the publications, and to offer suggestions for topics we might cover in future reports.
HydroComp also publishes an email technical newsletter – the Marine Performance Technology Exchange – with small articles on various topics, many of which introduced the publications shown here. Please contact us if you would like to receive these periodic newsletters by email.
The Marine Performance Technology Exchange is an electronic newsletter whose mission is to share contemporary propulsion and powering topics. Please contact HydroComp if you would like us to notify you by email about upcoming issues.
Since 2008 articles and topics which would have previously been featured in the Marine Performance Technology Exchange are now posted to the HydroComp library, blog, Facebook and Linkedin. Please check these places to learn more about current events at HydroComp.
Marine Performance Technology Exchange
- Contribution of a nozzle in ducted propeller performance
- Magazine article: Applied hydrodynamics
- IBEX 2008 technical presentation – Chronic Propeller Problems
- Vertical Prismatic: The Forgotten Coefficient
- HydroComp’s new web log
- Technical presentation – Propeller Properties for Vibration Analysis
- Design power and RPM for propeller sizing
- Stern wedges
- HydroComp and Design Systems & Technologies Celebrate 15 Years
- Effect of shallow water on speed and performance
- Performance differences in fresh and salt water
- WMTC 2006 presentation – Inboard Propeller Cavitation
- Presentation and seminar services
- Predicting performance by scaling from another boat
- Fine-tuning pitch on a propeller
- Estimating a nominal hydrodynamic pitch for a variable pitch distribution
- New insights into cupped propellers
- Leading-edge bluntness of hydrofoils
- Model testing
- Singing propellers
- Half angle of entrance
- Thrust and power factors for propeller material and ISO class
- New software numbering system
- Four blades or five?
- The three modes of cavitating performance
- Performance trends with propeller tunnels
- Validation study of Delft sailing yacht model
- Transfer of parametric data from hull design and hydrostatics software